Closed Listen to me rant about Ease of Access for half an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll start by saying that I'm one of the biggest critics you're going to find out there. I pay close attention to the feel and complexity of a server in question and go way too in depth around basic or obsolete improvements. I think that PrimeGames has a lot of potentials that they aren't harnessing, and some original edits to the programming make it more difficult for the users on a gameplay type of level.
First: Chat spam in Prison servers while mining
No, not the chat spam from players. I'm talking about the message that is sent every time a block is broken that shouldn't be. This happens all of the time in mines, when you're using an efficiency 15 pickaxe and break the edges of the mine. There is no use for an in-chat warning of this. I find that I'm mining and watching the conversations in chat, but every couple of seconds, it's reset by this blinding rectangle of white text whenever I accidentally hit a wall.
Second: Server reboots need better mine reset protocol
Although programming isn't really in my blood, I know that PrimeGames can do a better job with some of the basic timestamp protocols. I'm aware that PrimeGames event tracker resets every minute, which causes a lot of problems. First of all, notifications that are based around contacting other servers all come flying into the chat at once, like the daily vote notifications. But the main issue I see here is the reboots. When this happens, the mine reset timer is reset, but the mine is not. If the mine is completely empty, players have to wait over two minutes for the mine to reset, so that they can actually play. I feel like adding in a global mine reset 10 seconds or so before the reboot would completely prevent this from happening, and it wouldn't be that hard to edit within the server reboot program. I understand that there is a chance that PrimeGames only has the RAM to update 3rd party server events once a minute, but if there is any way that that could be sped up to 30 or 15 seconds, it would really make a difference.
Third: A few text problems or improvements could be made
Whenever you join the server, you get a message from [CONSOLE --> me] that tells you to use your compass. Being a concept programmer, I know that the demographics of a Minecraft server is 95% going to be clueless at what a console is, for all intensive server purposes. I don't know if this was a standard protocol console.log sort of function, but there isn't a need for text telling you where the message came from. Adding onto this, some signs in the spawns are written there on little plaques, without making use of the colored text, bolding, or italicising. The demographic (sorry for the word repetition my vocabulary is pretty limited xD) of server-goers eat up bright colors like cake on their birthday. I feel like the normal text signs are a quick attempt to solve a problem that could have been done more effectively.
Fourth: Your dank custom Discord Bot could be even more dank
I started programming Discord bots around a year ago, but why stop at forum updates? A good friend of mine is creating an API-ridden bot that is pretty cool if you ask me. The vast amount of discord.js events and outputs are infinitely customizable, and I think that little GPWeb has a lot more potential than you've given it. (I say this from a discord.js perspective, I don't know if you're using python or discord.NET or what) Here are some suggestions:
Player statistics, linked to your information storage console that you have but probably don't use. I don't know how much information you collect already, but it could offer join times/dates, ranks, or even specific skyblock statistics. Blocks mined in Prison, etc. I will be truly amazed if you can create a plugin to retrieve skyblock base pictures as well. And yes, it is possible.
Replacing those current custom Mee6 commands. Mee6 is old school :p
Adding goofy APIs (I claim a big example to the 400-year-old dead meme Chuck Norris joke API. I'm not sorry. And yes, it's actually real. Check it out here https://api.chucknorris.io/ )

NOTE: All of the things listed are the most nitpicky things I could think of. PrimeGames hosts a diverse set of games that I can't find anywhere else in the same amount of detail. These are just small improvements that I would love to see. I'm interested in becoming a developer but I don't know how much help I would be able to offer. Thanks for listening to me rant for so long.

Ver24436

Registered
Notable Member
Personally I find it's the little things that really make a server stand out and I want to thank you Meep for taking the time to share your ideas. I know PrimeGames currently has their applications open for developers, so if you're at all interested I'd encourage you to apply > Click Here.

@optimusprime338

I got you, bro.

1.) Meep hits the protected blocks around the edge of the mines a lot and the notification floods chat in such a way he dislikes. Suggests disabling/condensing chat warning about hitting protected blocks.

2.) Mine resets are delayed by a server reset and Meep finds itself in an empty mine waiting after a server reset due to timing. Suggests a global mine reset before every server reboot.

3.) Meep has some aesthetic recommendations.
A. The messages from Console seem tacky. Suggests not displaying where these messages come from.
B. The signs that instruct players need to be more colorful.

4. Points out that GPWeb has a lot more potential. In regards to discord.js, whether you are using python or discord.NET, Meep would like to see you use whatever you collect in the database/information storage console to show player statistics. Depending on how much info you collect, it could show join times/dates, ranks, or even other specific statistics. Blocks mined in Prison, and the like.

5. Finally, Meep will be truly amazed if you can create a plugin to retrieve skyblock base pictures as well.

I'll start by saying that I'm one of the biggest critics you're going to find out there. I pay close attention to the feel and complexity of a server in question and go way too in depth around basic or obsolete improvements. I think that PrimeGames has a lot of potentials that they aren't harnessing, and some original edits to the programming make it more difficult for the users on a gameplay type of level.
First: Chat spam in Prison servers while mining
No, not the chat spam from players. I'm talking about the message that is sent every time a block is broken that shouldn't be. This happens all of the time in mines, when you're using an efficiency 15 pickaxe and break the edges of the mine. There is no use for an in-chat warning of this. I find that I'm mining and watching the conversations in chat, but every couple of seconds, it's reset by this blinding rectangle of white text whenever I accidentally hit a wall.
Second: Server reboots need better mine reset protocol
Although programming isn't really in my blood, I know that PrimeGames can do a better job with some of the basic timestamp protocols. I'm aware that PrimeGames event tracker resets every minute, which causes a lot of problems. First of all, notifications that are based around contacting other servers all come flying into the chat at once, like the daily vote notifications. But the main issue I see here is the reboots. When this happens, the mine reset timer is reset, but the mine is not. If the mine is completely empty, players have to wait over two minutes for the mine to reset, so that they can actually play. I feel like adding in a global mine reset 10 seconds or so before the reboot would completely prevent this from happening, and it wouldn't be that hard to edit within the server reboot program. I understand that there is a chance that PrimeGames only has the RAM to update 3rd party server events once a minute, but if there is any way that that could be sped up to 30 or 15 seconds, it would really make a difference.
Third: A few text problems or improvements could be made
Whenever you join the server, you get a message from [CONSOLE --> me] that tells you to use your compass. Being a concept programmer, I know that the demographics of a Minecraft server is 95% going to be clueless at what a console is, for all intensive server purposes. I don't know if this was a standard protocol console.log sort of function, but there isn't a need for text telling you where the message came from. Adding onto this, some signs in the spawns are written there on little plaques, without making use of the colored text, bolding, or italicising. The demographic (sorry for the word repetition my vocabulary is pretty limited xD) of server-goers eat up bright colors like cake on their birthday. I feel like the normal text signs are a quick attempt to solve a problem that could have been done more effectively.
Fourth: Your dank custom Discord Bot could be even more dank
I started programming Discord bots around a year ago, but why stop at forum updates? A good friend of mine is creating an API-ridden bot that is pretty cool if you ask me. The vast amount of discord.js events and outputs are infinitely customizable, and I think that little GPWeb has a lot more potential than you've given it. (I say this from a discord.js perspective, I don't know if you're using python or discord.NET or what) Here are some suggestions:
Player statistics, linked to your information storage console that you have but probably don't use. I don't know how much information you collect already, but it could offer join times/dates, ranks, or even specific skyblock statistics. Blocks mined in Prison, etc. I will be truly amazed if you can create a plugin to retrieve skyblock base pictures as well. And yes, it is possible.
Replacing those current custom Mee6 commands. Mee6 is old school :p
Adding goofy APIs (I claim a big example to the 400-year-old dead meme Chuck Norris joke API. I'm not sorry. And yes, it's actually real. Check it out here https://api.chucknorris.io/ )

NOTE: All of the things listed are the most nitpicky things I could think of. PrimeGames hosts a diverse set of games that I can't find anywhere else in the same amount of detail. These are just small improvements that I would love to see. I'm interested in becoming a developer but I don't know how much help I would be able to offer. Thanks for listening to me rant for so long.
savage dude. There was sooo much I didn't even bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.