Notice An update on what we're doing for 1.13

I'm getting a lot of request for us to update our servers to 1.13 so that players can connect. I wanted to take a few minutes and give everyone some feedback about what's going on.

An announcement was made several days before the start of the updates, to let everyone know that this was going to happen. We knew that this update would break a lot of things for us and that support for getting updated was almost none.

The Process

"Just update to 1.13"

If only it were so easy. Our servers run on a software that is not provided by Mojang or Microsoft. What that means is, that we have to figure out what they changed every time they update the game, then we have to implement those changes. Partnered servers usually have months to do this during beta testing as they receive the information they need, directly from Mojang and Microsoft. Other servers have to reverse engineer the game when the update is released, and then figure it all out in a matter of days. Typically this means that we get the update on a Tuesday, and have to have it figured out by the following Friday. Before the 1.13 update, only a handful of people in the world (maybe 5) were doing this and the person who has been doing it for the software we use, has not been able to assist.

What We're Doing
During the first 24 hours, I spent a great deal of time trying to get the information we needed to update the software ourselves. In the end, we decided it was best to change software to one that was going to have better support in the future. The new software will allow multiple Minecraft versions to connect to our servers and play with one another. The cost, we have to re-write all of our existing plugins. This process has been going non-stop since last Wednesday and will continue until we have PrimeGames working on the new software.

What You Can Do To Help
More than anything else right now, we need your patience. This update is going to give us a chance to make PrimeGames better overall. It will take some time, but we are working as fast as we can to get things going for everyone. Keep watching the website and Discord for updates and we'll make sure to have this as quickly as possible.

Comments